Monday, January 6, 2014

Things To Do When You're Snowed In

Hello friends! So as a lot of you probably know, the Midwest is experiencing some crazy weather today! Where I live,  it is currently -6 degrees and there is about 8 inches of snow on the ground (at least it's sunny?). Since it is so cold that I, like many others,  refuse to leave my house,  I thought I would share with you lovely people some fun things to do when you're stuck indoors.
1. Mess around with your hair.  I recently cut about 6 inches off of my hair,  so I'm still experimenting with styles that make it look good.  I also received a TopStyler for Christmas last year,  and I haven't done much experimenting with it because it is much less user friendly than a curling iron.  For the TopStyler experiment,  I wrapped 1 in sections of hair around 2 fingers and clipped them into place with the shells. I waited for them to completely cool before letting them down,  and the result was less than ideal.  Then I decided to make myself look like a poodle,  so I curled my hair with a 3/4 in curling iron and them flipped my head upside down and shook it. The poodle hair was a success.

2. Bake something. My best friend's mom got me this mustache silicon mold for Christmas,  and I've been dying to try it out!  Here is the finished product (I made brownies):

3. Make snow ice cream.  I got my recipe from www.theperksoftaylor.blogspot.com , and it is delicious!

4. Have a movie marathon. You can never watch the Harry Potter series (or, in my case, Disney movies) too many times!

5. Do blindfolded makeovers. I had to bribe my sister with brownies to get her to agree to this, but we ended up having tons of fun!




6 . Check out showmestyleslv.blogspot.com for some fun DIY projects that you can do with items you have around the house.

7. Get inspired to paint something over at PeytonsPlacepp.blogspot.com . She makes some really cool Disney fan art that I would totally try if I was talented...

8. Paint your nails.  Here are some of my favorites that I've done:




(The promise ring is not mine;  is my friend Victoria's)

If you want a tutorial for any of these looks,  let me know in the comments! I hope this post gave you some ideas to lessen your boredom when you're snowed in,  and stay classy,  America!




No comments:

Post a Comment